Holiday and Christmas Activities
Hand-painted holiday ornaments will be displayed throughout the Town this holiday season. These ornaments are painted by local artists and represent various aspects of our community. They will hang on light poles in Downtown, be placed in front of businesses, and will line Main Street. Keep your eyes out for these great holiday decorations!
Click here for the trolley tour route and enjoy all the lights in Town from your own vehicle.
- Festivities kick off at 6:30pm, with the annual lighting of the Christmas Tree at Town Hall. This low-key event is fun for the family to drink cocoa and watch the Norway Spruce tree light up the Town.
– Trolley Tours: Take a free ride on one of the Town-sponsored trolleys and view the holiday decorations and lights throughout Town. Approximately 40 minutes long, the Trolley Tour is a great way to see the best lights in Purcellville! While you wait or when you return, warm your hands by the fire pit and enjoy hot chocolate and s’mores. The evening starts at 5:30 pm (tickets available first come, first served; trolleys run 4 times per night at 60-minute intervals).
– Open House at Town Hall: Come get your face painted, participate in crafts, and – best of all – see the HUGE Lego city on display in the Council Chambers. It’s a great event with fun for all. From 10 am to 3 pm.
– This parade highlights local organizations, clubs, teams, and businesses – with a special appearance by Old Saint Nick himself! It’s a treat for everyone and starts at 21st Street, continues down Main Street, and concludes by turning up Maple Ave to LVHS. The parade begins at 12 pm. To be in the parade, download and complete this form and submit it by December 1.
– Ornament Decorating at Train Station: Ornament decorating activities are available at the Train Station beginning at 10am. After the parade Santa and Mrs. Claus make a special appearance at the Train Station.; ornament decorating begins at 10am, and pictures with Santa are from 1:30-3:30pm.
– Trolley Tours: Join us on Sunday evening if you can’t make it out on Friday. The evening begins at 4:30 pm tickets available first come, first served).
Sat, Oct 21Purcellville Farmers' Market Purcellville Farmers Market offers a direct experience of Food and Community. Supplying its guest with fresh, healthy, and locally produced items which coincide with our community outreach and involvement efforts making Purcellville’s Farmers Market truly a market for the town. Come out and meet your neighbors. Learn more about our items from the people who have put their hearts into producing a product well enough to be served to their families and yours.Read On
Sat, Oct 21Purcellville Gateway Costume & Candy Crawl Join us for the 3rd Annual Costume and Candy Crawl at Purcellville Gateway. Free to kids 12 and under. Meet at the fountains to get your trick-or-treating bag. Trick-or-Treating, Costume Contests, Face Painting, & Balloon Artists. https://www.facebook.com/events/115470279134664/Read On
Sun, Oct 22Painting Purcellville Green/Hail to the Trail Join the Town of Purcellville's Tree and Environment Sustainability Committee at the Chapman DeMary Trail on Sunday, October 22 for a fun day in nature! From 1 to 4 p.m., explore this 10-acre area, considered to be the last stand of old-growth forest in the Town of Purcellville, go on guided nature walks, enjoy hands-on activities, meet local nature experts, see live animals with the Wildlife Ambassadors, hear live music performed by Willie White, catch and identify creek critters, and be part o...Read On
Fri, Oct 27Trunk or Treat at St. Andrew Presbyterian Join in the fun at the Trunk or Treat; visit trunks for treats in the safety of the parking lot at St. Andrew Pres. There will be a moon bounce, face painting, balloon twister, food, and a tank load of fun.Read On
Sat, Oct 28Purcellville Farmers' Market Purcellville Farmers Market offers a direct experience of Food and Community. Supplying its guest with fresh, healthy, and locally produced items which coincide with our community outreach and involvement efforts making Purcellville’s Farmers Market truly a market for the town. Come out and meet your neighbors. Learn more about our items from the people who have put their hearts into producing a product well enough to be served to their families and yours.Read On
Sat, Oct 28 - Sun, Oct 29Ten Thousand Villages Shop Harmony made by hand! Get a head start on your holiday shopping at the annual 10,000 Villages Sale. You will find a sampling of handmade fair trade items from the Alexandria store without the drive.Read On